Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happenings




Don't think I'm slacking just because I haven't posted lately. It's been a very busy time around here again. We finally managed to make it to the beach back on the weekend of the 1st. Siena had not been to the beach since her 1st trip to Hawaii when we went in Jan. 08. Yeah..that was her 1st beach experience so it's now hard to top that. But anyway we did swing a little getaway to Ocean City, Maryland for 2 nights. We stayed at the Holiday Inn that was right on the beach. They have a nice boardwalk full of shops & restaurants. On the other side of the boardwalk is the beach & Siena didn't want anything to do with walking on the sand. The same thing happened when we were in Hawaii. We tried and tried to get her to stand on the sand but she refused for the longest, hanging on to me with her Koala hold. Finally we convinced her but she still didn't want to be near the water. She's such a Drama Queen. She didn't want to get dirty or wet. Ohhhhh! I told her that she couldn't build a sandcastle unless she sat in the sand to make it. Needless to say we didn't build a sandcastle. I so wanted to get some good pictures of her in a sweet little pillowcase dress. It was a task in it self after being so fussy. Other than that, she was a really good sport & on good behavior for the trip. The hotel pool was a life saver. There were 3 pools. An indoor, an outside adult pool & a family pool that we played at. It was great, with a shallow section, lazy river, fountains & slides. Siena was content playing with her bucket & shovels in the water. Saturday evening we walked down the boardwalk to the amusement park. Most of the rides were too big for Siena despite the fact that she would have rode them if she could have. She loves thrill rides. She looked up at what looked like a bungee jump type contraption & said "I want to do that one day."

In other news, I've been getting ready for my Angel Pie Bows & More Open House. As Mark would say..."The Bow Factory upstairs is in full gear." It's this Friday & I think I have most everything ready.

Among other things this week, Siena is back at The Little Gym for 3 days of camp. This week's theme is Castles. She comes home so tired & sleeps so well at nap time. I love it too.

And now this....Believe it or not, I've been taking Tae Kwon Do for several weeks now & the other day I earned my Yellow Belt. Yes, it's kicking my *ss & that's all I've got to say about that. I'll let you know if I make it to my Black Belt in the next 3 years.




No comments: