Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Summer Fun!

I'm sitting here in the middle of the day & I'm able to post now instead of in the middle of the night. Why? Well...today Siena has a friend over to play with. I hope this all works out. They met each other back when school was in. It's her new friend Bretton. She's the daughter of her teacher's assistant Ms. Donna. She's older than Siena & going to the 4th grade this year. So far they seem to be playing really well together & just started playing on the Wii. As much as I love to teach my child all the time, I have to admit that I don't want to play 24/7. Siena is a non stop player. But I guess we all were at age 3.

We've been staying busy this summer though. Like I said in earlier posts, I've tried to keep a lot on the calendar for her this summer. Last week she had 3 days at Camp Little Gym. Three half days of crafts & gym fun. We still go to Dance classes there once a week too along with Swim lessons with Swim Kids. She loves it all. I know it's important for even the smallest of children to interact with peers but it's also important to just sit down & teach to your child. I like to get the little $1.00 work books that I can usually find at the Dollar Tree but I found a big one at Big Lots today that even came with an Interactive CD, entitled "Getting Ready for Preschool Giant Basic Skills Workbook". These books can teach so much to children. I can't say enough about them. Siena loves doing the exercises in them & uses her crayons to mark all her answers. We put the stickers on each page when we complete it.

Tomorrow we leave for a little road trip. Siena & I are going with our friends Ellen & Sarah to Williamsburg. We plan to do a little shopping & take in at least a half day at Busch Gardens. We'll only be staying one night but we are both looking forward to an all girls getaway.

I need my makeup on 1st Momma!

No comments: