Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Blizzard of 2009

Yes, we live right in the middle of this "Winter Storm of 2009" as the weather channel puts it. Who wouldn't love a White Christmas, but this has gone wayyyyy beyond that! It started snowing last night & it just finally quit here now. I've never seen this much snow! We were basically snowed in today. Everyone in the news was telling people to stay put at home but my crazy husband wanted us all, all mind you, to go to Target with him so he could pick up some medicine & get a few other things. He said it would be an "adventure". Yeah right! Well I 1st said, no, you can go by yourself but turned out we all bundled up and headed out. What was I thinking? After getting all the snow off the 4-Runner & getting Siena all buckled in we tried to back out of the drive way. Only tried! We were getting stuck just trying to get out of the driveway. Mark had only shoveled the sidewalk & not the drive way. Uhggg, MEN! I don't think we would have made it much farther anyway since our street was never plowed. Some Homeowners Association. They are supposed to plow but that never seems to happen. I never did measure but I'm sure it's close to 2 ft. by now. I just hope that we can get to the Ballet in Richmond on Monday & even get back there to the airport to pick up Mark's Mom on Tuesday. Siena by the pile up at the back door this morning.
Patio table on the deck about mid day.Going on an "Adventure" to Target that didn't happen!
The last picture we took today, a few hours before this post. It's a few inches more now.

No comments: