Friday, May 09, 2008

Tea Anyone?

This past Sunday was the annual Mother & Daughter Tea with our FCC group. For me & Siena it was our 1st. Our friend Chris was the Hostess and put on a wonderful event. Beautifully decorated tables & yummy tea & goodies. Everyone brought a goody to share. Siena & I took a new recipe I found in the April, Southern Living magazine. If anyone wants something very Spring like for a desert, this is it. They were cake squares with lemon cream cheese frosting topped with gumdrop rose petals & fresh mint leaves. Of course mine weren't that perfect looking. But we did get lots of nice complements. They are to the left in the center piece photo.
Craft tables were set up for the girls to make several things. I think Siena's favorite was stringing the Fruit Loops. At one time it looked as though she was eating more than stringing. Imagine that! Chris had also set up 2 tot tables with tea sets & this is where Siena spent most of her time. She was in heaven! I knew she was happy playing since I rarely got a tug out of her, for me to pick her up. Maybe Siena can Host next year's party. She sure knows how to pour up some tea.







No comments: