Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Double Celebration Day!



Happy Valentines Day & Gung Hay Fat Choy (Happy Chinese New Year!)

Celebrating the Year of the Tiger

Earlier this week Siena & I have been busy preparing for Valentines Day. Hoping she can get back to school next week we went ahead & prepared the Valentine treat bags for the Valentine's party that is supposed to go on as planned on Thursday. Her teacher's email this week says that she is also planning to discuss Chinese New Year with the class on Tuesday. Siena is going to wear her red traditional Chinese silk outfit for the occassion too.
Daddy got stuck an extra day in Kentucky from a work assignment due to canceled flights, but finally made it home last night to celebrate the holidays with us. Last night we out to dinner for Italian to celebrate Valentines & today we went to lunch to our favorite Asian restaurant to celebrate Chinese New Year. For Valentines Day Siena got the new Disney movie that she's been wanting, "Minnie's Bow-tique" while I got a box of chocolates. Yummy! I think she'll be getting a little something else for Chinese New Year in a few weeks since we will be going to our local FCC Chinese New Year Party then. I didn't want to give her too much on one day as to not spoil her ya know. :) The party was supposed to take place last week but got rescheduled due to all of our snow.

I've been busy again in the kitchen making Valentine treats for a lot of people. I was to make a Valentine desert for my friend Chris in exchange for all the soup that she made Mark awhile back so I decided on a chocolate cheesecake. To make a long story short the 1st one didn't turn out, (my 1st cheesecake) so I made it all again yesterday. Turned out that the batter really made a ton so I had plenty to share with some other friends. For Siena & her little friend Gracie I made chocolate monkey tails. Those turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. I just hope Chris & her gang likes the cheesecake.

In joining with the celebrations, we just got word of a "Wonderful Surprise" from our friends Maribel & Elmo. Although they have been waiting to adopt a baby from China they had also signed on with an agency for a domestic adoption. Well yesterday Elmo called to tell us that they had a beautiful 5 month old baby boy waiting for them in Florida. They are supposed to go get him this week. We are sooooo over joyed for them! Congratulations! What a lucky little boy he will be to have such loving & deserving parents!





No comments: